Become part of our team
To support a number of different projects, working in varied teams across a number of clients and sectors majoring in data collection, data analysis, delivery and writing of final reports but with the opportunity to support broader service line work.
To learn to deliver unique APS methodologies and training programs.
To deliver client projects on time and exceed our client’s high expectations.
What would your typical day look like?
As one of our Business Psychologists, some of your days will consist of working alongside our senior specialists, playing an active role in our client-facing services. A major element of this will be diagnostic work supporting quantitative and qualitative data capture, analysis and evaluation.
You will also be required to do due diligence on, and on behalf of clients – including researching personnel and organisations as well as using our OpenAthens research account, alongside other resources to find appropriate explanatory research and insights to drive solutions.
You will be a vital part of our client CRM process with the opportunity to be involved at every stage. You will support the development of post-event reports that typically summarise in-session data capture and analysis from client interventions.
A typical day could involve any one, or a combination of services. At times, you will deliver services with another member of the APS team, with the goal that, following induction and shadowing you will be able to lead facilitation and contribute in our internal client roundtable discussions.
Understanding the implications of new research is a big part of what we do at APS, so keeping up to date on the latest academic studies on behavioural psychology and other social science findings will be part of your role, in order to ensure that the services we provide to our clients remain best-in-class.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Become familiar with the services offered by APS, and the common challenges faced in workplaces, and the solutions we provide
- Accompany other members of the APS team to meetings for comprehensive note-taking encompassing the narrative flow of the conversation. Reading between the lines – beyond simply noting action-points and next steps – will be vital.
- Collaborate with other members of the APS team to craft solutions to client needs and create proposals containing a statement of work, objectives and descriptions of how they will be met.
- Review client documentation and materials provided during the diligence process and distil to key components in a timely fashion
- Deliver APS services to clients to solve a variety of workplace challenges including workshop delivery and cognitive interviews
- Prepare and deliver detailed insight papers and debriefing documents to clients following service delivery
- Write blog posts on topics around personnel, L&D, OD, organisational psychology, coaching, etc.
- Create case studies from client interventions
Advanced qualification (Masters) in social sciences areas including: organisational, behavioural, forensic, sport or other psychology; sociology or other.
Knowledge and Experience
We know that people applying for this role may have little experience outside of that gained in their training, we are looking for intelligent, engaged and scientifically-literate individuals who are ready and willing to learn on the job. Any additional experience in the following areas would be useful:
- Experience moderating workshops and speaking with stakeholders
- Experience conducting client interviews
- Experience with data analysis tools (especially JASP an iNvivo)
However, maintaining up-to-date insights from research associated with individual and occupational performance is essential and of course, the ability to use Microsoft Office suite is essential
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal (public speaking) and written communication skill
- Scientifically and strategically minded
- Can craft well-informed insights from observation and evidence
- Plays well with others
How we work
We operate in an ‘all-hands-on-deck’ capacity, meaning that each of us stays connected to the work being performed by all, and contributions are welcome and expected. Collaboration will remain a constant feature of how we operate, and your input will be sought after.
Everyone at APS is expected to want to evolve in terms of professional development and role scope. And to foster the development of others including the provision of leadership and induction support to new and junior staff; to support the whole team in becoming familiar with our services, and how we win. If the successful applicant makes a remarkable contribution, they will be offered the opportunity to join a management or leadership team.
We are a small, but fierce organisation that is on a rapid growth trajectory. Personal development is a core element of our client work, and our own internal mantra. When not in situ with clients, our working environment is relaxed and casual. Due to the ongoing public health situation, all work is remote until future notice.
We offer an employee pension scheme and 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays per year. All APS employees sign the EU working time exception.
To apply for a role
Send your CV and a covering letter (2 A4 sides max) explaining, with examples, how you meet the six essential requirements of the person specification, plus any other experience you feel makes you the right person for this role. We will be conducting sift interviews as applications come in, so don’t to wait for the closing date to apply. Final interviews will be held by early July.
Email you CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
About APS Intelligence
APS is a strategic advisory firm that specialises in organisational psychology. We work with diverse array of large domestic and multinational clients to solve workplace challenges – leadership internal communications, teaming, culture, inclusion and more – that impact organisational performance. We foster organisational change using evidence-led methodology to solve intractable People problems.
APS is a dedicated and cross-disciplinary team of experts from different branches of psychology, education and business, who deliver interventions to our clients that are based on the best critical thinking and current psychological and organisational research.
APS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes prospective colleagues from across the entire spectrum of protected categories and other diverse perspectives.
APS was founded by John Amaechi OBE in 2007. He has been a vocal advocate for inclusion in and outside of the workplace for the last 35 years and over the last months, he has been a prominent voice in the global conversation on race and antiracism.
APS works in the UK, mainland Europe and across the United States. We have offices in London and Manchester and our Advisory team is based in London.