Become part of our team
APS Membership Manager
Salary Range: £50-65k depending on experience.
The Giant Community is our new membership service for people who want to become the kind of leader they wish they’d had. Membership will include access to fantastic resources, content, and learning, as well as connection to a network of other members.
The Membership Manager will be our strategic and delivery lead to ensure the success of the new membership community; shaping what the service looks like, developing and delivering the membership strategy, as well as managing the day-to-day operations of the community platform. As a newly created position, you will also be part of shaping the role and any subsequent roles as the membership grows.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Own the membership “product” and act as the internal expert and advocate for membership, with ultimate accountability for the membership function and designing and implementing strategy
- Work with colleagues to ensure the membership product is aligned with APS business objectives
- Develop and deliver annual plans and budgets for membership activity
- Manage the operational running of the membership platform as the main administrator
- Create and distribute member communications (with digital marketing colleagues)
- Take overall responsibility for the design and implementation of the member communications strategy
- Manage the schedule of content (live, published, learning) within the platform
- Liaise with content creators to supply content to meet this schedule
- Upload content to the platform, and support colleagues, trainers & coaches with content creation
- Set up and publish live virtual sessions within the platform (via Zoom)
- Moderate the forum, ensuring active participation and adherences to guidelines
- Handle and respond to member queries, feedback, and complaints
- Monitor platform usage analytics and create regular reports with recommendations
- Conduct member satisfaction scoring / surveys (eg Net Promotor Score and similar)
- Establish KPIs for member recruitment, retention, and participation
- Understand the member experience, continually seeking improvement in member value
- Develop member segments to tailor the membership experience to different groups
- Scope and develop new and additional member activities as the service grows
- Ensure operational processes and policies are reviewed and updated regularly
- Ensure all membership activity is aligned with the high-quality brand expectation
- Report successes and risks to Exco, or their designate, on a timely basis
- Monitor and maintain GDPR compliance within a member data context
- Working in membership organisations, or a similar customer relationship model, and understanding member engagement and member experience
- Administration of an online membership platform or member database/CRM platform
- Managing, creating, scheduling, and publishing online content, including delivery of live sessions (eg Zoom webinars), and curating content provided by other creators
- Managing/moderating online community forums
- Communication with members or segmented audiences, including email campaigns, landing page content, sales funnels, feedback surveys, and general enquiries/complaints
- Data analysis and reporting, including interpretation of data to inform service development and delivery
- Creating e-learning content
- Using Learn Worlds or similar online learning platform/LMS
- Using email campaign tools such as Mail Chimp or Active Campaign
- Using Microsoft Office suite
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team in a matrix environment
- Self-starter/working under own direction
- Adaptable to new challenges
- Strategically minded
- Attention to detail (including mundane admin)
- Brand matching written communication skills
- Plays to win whilst playing well with others
About APS Intelligence
APS designs and delivers science-led and evidence-based advisory interventions to service clients with people challenges that impact organisational performance. APS has worked with hundreds of organisations in the last 10 years developing strategy, leaders, teams and culture ranging from rapid scale-up organisations to established global and matrix organisations.
We specialise in developing inclusive leadership capability and changing behaviours to create thriving workplaces. Organisations approach us to partner with them on unpicking complex people challenges via the numerous interventions in our portfolio.
APS Founder, John Amaechi OBE, is a respected organisational psychologist, best-selling New York Times author, sought after public speaker, executive coach, Chartered Scientist, Trustee and Board Director of large, complex government and 3rd sector organisations. In 2019 John was announced as one of HR magazine’s most influential thinkers and he became a LinkedIn influencer in 2020.
How we work
We operate in an ‘all-hands-on-deck’ capacity, meaning that each of us stays connected to the work being performed by all, and contributions are welcome and expected. Collaboration will remain a constant feature of how we operate, and your input will be sought after.
Everyone at APS is expected to want to evolve in terms of professional development and role scope. And to foster the development of others including the provision of leadership and induction support to new and junior staff; to support the whole team in becoming familiar with our services, and how we win. If the successful applicant makes a remarkable contribution, they will be offered the opportunity to join a management or leadership team.
We are a small, but fierce organisation that is on a rapid growth trajectory. Personal development is a core element of our client work, and our own internal mantra. When not in situ with clients, our working environment is relaxed and casual. Due to the ongoing public health situation, all work is remote until future notice.
We offer an employee pension scheme and 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays per year. All APS employees sign the EU working time exception.
To apply for this role
Send your CV and a covering letter (2 A4 sides max) explaining, with examples, how you meet the six essential requirements of the person specification, plus any other experience you feel makes you the right person for this role. We will be conducting sift interviews as applications come in, so don’t to wait for the closing date to apply. Final interviews will be held by early July.
Email you CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About APS Intelligence
APS is a strategic advisory firm that specialises in organisational psychology. We work with diverse array of large domestic and multinational clients to solve workplace challenges – leadership internal communications, teaming, culture, inclusion and more – that impact organisational performance. We foster organisational change using evidence-led methodology to solve intractable People problems.
APS is a dedicated and cross-disciplinary team of experts from different branches of psychology, education and business, who deliver interventions to our clients that are based on the best critical thinking and current psychological and organisational research.
APS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes prospective colleagues from across the entire spectrum of protected categories and other diverse perspectives.
APS was founded by John Amaechi OBE in 2007. He has been a vocal advocate for inclusion in and outside of the workplace for the last 35 years and over the last months, he has been a prominent voice in the global conversation on race and antiracism.
APS works in the UK, mainland Europe and across the United States. We have offices in London and Manchester and our Advisory team is based in London.